Amanda posted her 25 things from facebook as a “cheater blog post,” and I am shamelessly copying her. It’s been awhile since I blogged, and I need material!
1. I cannot stand textured zipper-locks on baggies.
2. I actually have a lot of, well, texture issues.
3. I’m 9 weeks pregnant; perhaps you’ve heard me complaining about the endless nausea?
4. I got my bachelors when I was 20.
5. I’ll get my masters when I’m 26. You could say I took a year (or four) off.
6. I’m really good at taking tests. Really good.
7. I’m usually freezing. This is why I love California.
8. I’ve traveled to several of the less-safe countries and lived in southern California for five years, but I got robbed for the first time in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.
9. No, really, I walked in on a guy robbing my house on Monday.
10. I’m ok, but still feel a burst of anxiety every time I open my front door.
11. I like to garden, but I’m not very good at it.
12. I like to knit and play the piano, but I’m not very good at those things, either.
13. I own a guitar despite not being able to play a single chord.
14. Cereal is my favorite food. Even pregnant! Almost nothing else is the same.
15. I’m currently eating almost nothing but carbs and juice. I’ve also just lost five pounds. Let me tell you about the amazing eat-only-carbs-and-still-lose-weight-diet! It’s called getting pregnant! And throwing up all the time!
16. I often cut my own bangs. It usually turns out ok, unlike today. I learned today that I should only cut my own bangs when they’re dry.
17. I have a bowl of lemons on my table. I love that bowl of lemons.
18. I kill houseplants more efficiently than almost anything else I do. I just decided that since I’m going to have a baby, I should be able to keep a plant alive. There is a thriving primrose on my kitchen windowsill. So far, so good.
19. The thing I do more efficiently than kill houseplants is load the dishwasher. I am a grade-A, world-class dishwasher-loader.
20. I really like autistic kiddos. Specifically, helping them to be less autistic. I think I can relate to some of their social anxiety issues, and that helps.
21. I picked out my wedding ring when I was 16, long before I met Louis. Oh, I guess not that long. Three years before.
22. I feel conspicuous wearing hats, but I’m getting over it.
23. I really, really, really want to live overseas someday. Perhaps Europe? Perhaps the Middle East? Central Asia? Yes, please.
24. I mostly feel pity for the guy who robbed our house.
25. I buy recycled toilet paper and we use cloth napkins instead of paper towels, but I always, always buy Kleenex Extra Soft tissues. I get sick a lot (please see #s 3 & 20).
Also, could someone pick me up a package of chicken apple sausages real quick? Maybe more like three packages of chicken apple sausages? Could you BBQ those for me real quick? Great, thanks.